How Can Geofencing In Tampa Integrate With A Security System?
Today's home security solutions are becoming increasingly more intelligent. Even so, it’s still easy to neglect to perform easy security chores like arming your home security, shutting the garage door, or even securing your front door.
What if you no longer needed to remember doing these things ever again? With geofencing in Tampa, you can simply drive off to work and let your home security system do it for you.
What is Geofencing In Tampa For Security Systems?
Geofencing generates a virtual border along the sides of your property, which you are able to set up in your cell phone app. This convenient tool then utilizes your phone to determine when you go beyond the border and then puts in motion the tasks you have programmed.
How Does Geofencing Work?
Geofencing functions through z-wave, a home automation protocol that smart implements utilize to share information with other connected equipment. This technological advancement aids your security system by putting all elements onto a single network. You are then able to set up a virtual “fence” along the perimeter of your property and program what actions you want to take place as you cross the boundary.
For example, shortly after you pull away from your driveway, you may set your security system to secure your front and back doors, lower the garage door, and arm your alarms. Conversely, when you arrive home for the evening, geofencing will alert your system to disengage the alarm, raise the garage door, turn on lights, and even alter your your temperature settings.
These are some of the technologies you can manage with geofencing:
● Smart lighting and plugs
● Security alarms and cameras
● Various electronics including Stereos, TVs, and appliances
● Overhead doors
Custom Geofencing, Schedules, And Scenes Are Available In ADT Control
Geofencing is only one of a variety of ways to use your home’s security system in Tampa. When accessing the ADT Control app, you have the ability to do a lot with smart home automation. Just tap the app interface, and you are able to:
● Program schedules: set your smart components to operate at predetermined times. Instruct your lighting to dim to signal that it's bedtime, or disarm your alarms the first thing in the morning.
● Manage how devices interact: Make particular components activate based on another activity. Have your thermostat activate the exhaust fan if a smoke detector is set off. Or illuminate your hallway lighting if your doorbell camera senses unusual motion outside.
● Customize scenes: Design room and event scenes with various smart components that function in concert with each other. Have your smart bulbs switch off, the A/C go down, and the smart locks bolt when it's time for bed. Or set the mood for movie night with specific lighting and temperature settings.
● Protect your home with geofencing: There may be times when you fail to set your alarm as you're running late for work. With geofencing functionality and your smartphone, you'll never forget to turn on your alarms and shut the garage door.
Enjoy The Benefits Of Geofencing in Tampa
Whether you’re looking for added peace-of-mind of a completely secure residence whenever you go to work or you would like to explore your home automation options, geofencing can help. Speak with one of our representatives today at (813) 355-0757 or complete the form below to begin customizing your perfect security system.